Why you shouldn't be using free email services such as Gmail, Hotmail or Outlook
It is suprising that many businesses and organisations still use emails ending with gmail.com
Putting an email address like this on a business card, signs and vehicle wrapping can give an unprofessional appearance as well as confusing the brand of your company with Tesco, Virgin or BT etc...
It is not expensive to register your own domain name so you can have firstname.lastname@example.org.
So it should be no surprise if you see my email address ends with @easykey.uk - you will know that our website is easykey.uk
Other disadvantages of using so-called 'free' email providers include:
- Unreliable - over-subscribed servers
- No recourse - Google recently lost thousands of people's emails
- Privacy - Many 'free' providers scan your emails so they can send you targeted advertising
- Trust - Many scammers posing as businesses use these free email services - consequently you may not be trusted
- Security - Hackers find it really easy to target these free accounts - as mail settings are public all they need to crack is your password
- No Support - Have you ever tried getting help when your Gmail or Hotmail has a problem? Support is DIY, searching forums and finding answers from other non-professionals!
Would you like email that is:
- Fully Supported by IT Professionals you can phone
- Private and free of Advertising
- Exactly the same on multiple computers
- Fully synchronises your email, Folders, Calendar and Contacts in your iPhone, iPad or Smartphone
- Backed up every second of every day