A Phishing scam designed to trick you into providing your Microsoft account login and password
This is a particularly well designed scam that has caught out many people
This is because it uses a verified Microsoft Account of one of your contacts.
So you are more likely to trust the message
And it is much less likely to be marked as Junk.
The email arrives worded something like this:
Subject: Fred Bloggs shared the folder "Bloggers Limited" with you
Note: replace "Fred Bloggs" and "Bloggers Limited" with a contact you know (and probably trust)
The content reads something like this:
Action: Do Not click any links or give away your email username and password - Just ignore and delete
If you have filled in one of these forms - change your email password imediately!
There's a plethora of companies offering web design who frankly have very little technical knowledge about code
Many web agencies will simply grab a free template or use a free platform like WordPress or Wix to create a website. Often even this method is outsourced to a company abroad or a freelance bedroom geek.
The result may sometimes look pleasing to the human eye but could be hiding auto-generated messy extraneous code behind the scenes.
Why does clean code matter?
Or could it be the wrong tool for the job?
Is your website using WordPress?
A quick way to find out is to go to the home page of your website and type /wp-admin after the address (e.g. www.mywebsite.com/wp-admin then press the Enter key on your keyboard and
if you see this…
...then your website is indeed using the WordPress platform.
Over the past few years the WordPress platform has taken the world by storm. Beginning in the US it has spread the globe and is very popular as a quick method to slap up a website – but why?
- The code is free
- You can login to the above and update the content of your website yourself
- You don’t need to know anything technical like code etc. *
- There are thousands of free templates available to instantly change the look and design of your website
- Thousands of ‘plugins’ are also available for functions such as Calendars, Photo Galleries, Contact Forms, Online Shop, plus a large number of Security Plugins (I wonder why?)
- Hosting companies often provide a ‘one click install’ function for WordPress
- Web Agencies love WordPress because for very little effort and almost zero cost they can charge you a tidy sum to ‘build your website’ (I have seen proposals using WordPress up to £20,000!)
* except when you need to fix something that won't work
So back to the question…
Is WordPress the right tool for your website?
Does your PC need a Spring Clean?
Is Your Computer Running Slow?
Perhaps Your Hard Disk is nearly full?
Do You Think Your PC has a Virus?
Maybe your PC needs more Memory?
We recommend that at least once a year your PC is given a thorough clean up
- Thanks No. 251
- Thanks No. 252
- Thanks No. 250
- Thanks No. 249