Here is an example of the kind of email to beware of:
Internet Marketing Services We would like to get your website on first page of Google. All of our processes use the most ethical "white hat" Search Engine Optimization techniques that Will not get your website banned or penalized. Please reply and I would be happy to send you a proposal.
Company: SEO Company
Name: Eugene Strickland
Here's another variation of these scams:
SEO Do you wish you could increase your online leads? Getting a GUARANTEED 1ST PAGE GOOGLE RANKING is easier and more cost-effective than you might think. We have helped a lot of businesses thrive in this market and we can help you! Simply hit reply and I’ll share with you the cost and the benefits See you at the top!
And a couple more varations:
I've helped hundreds of companies increase their traffic and I'd love to show you what my service can do for you. I don't promise the world, I'm straight forward and to the point ... I deliver rankings. My rates are completely affordable and I don't want to oversell you either, I start small and have my clients begging for more. I won't take on your site unless I know I can deliver rankings. Reply to this e-mail if you have the slightest interest ... you'll never see rankings the same way again.
We offer quality Search Engine Optimization / SEO Services and Internet Marketing Solutions. Our dedicated team of SEO Professionals ensures Top 10 search engine rankings. Our SEO Processes are designed in view of the SEO guidelines, and white hat SEO techniques are strictly followed to ensure that our clients from world over get the best SEO services. Please reply to this email so we can send you more details
Here are some simple indicators to spot this kind of scam:
- The communication will normally come completely unsolicted via email or your website form
- The sender usually uses free non-professional email address (e.g. @gmail.com)
- They do not have their own website
- No telephone number (or not a UK number)
- No Company Name
There is no doubt that ensuring your website has every chance of being found by your target potential customers is absolutely crucial for most businesses.
So how can you spot a reputable SEO company?
Effective optimisation is very skilled and can take some time to achieve. You need ensure you are not just throwing away money but crude or out of date techniques can actually damage your ranking or ultimately get your website banned!
Here are some indicators of a good SEO company:
- The Company can be found in Companies House (use the webcheck service on www.companieshouse.gov.uk)
- They provide you with references for you to contact they have helped
- Their website can be found in Google (e.g. click here to search Google for get my website found in Google ) - Look for the easykey website on the first page out of 132,000,000 results!)
- Their email uses the same domain as their website (e.g. @easykey.uk and not free email like @gmail @hotmail @live etc)
- They offer training or regular seminars
- Come highly recommended by other people you know