When did you last give your Website some Care and Attention?
A loved website is an effective website
We all sense when we come across a website that is not loved
Here are 7 ways to love your website...
1. Regular Care
Your website needs regular nurture. When did you last update any information? Is your last News or Blog post more than a month old? Did you know Google loves a website with regular new content? If you can't easily add your own content take a look at a CMS website.
2. Make it feel Special
Is your website looking tired and neglected? Give it a new facelift, take a fresh look at the design and feel. Are the images the best quality? Most visitors to your website will decide within 8 seconds whether your site is worth exploring. Is yours engaging and compelling?
3. A website is for life not just for Valentine
Your website should be seen as a journey. Put a monthly repeating entry in your calendar to care for your website. Be focused on implementing actions.
- Is your website responsive? (see What is a Responsive Website?)
- Ask a stranger to look at the homepage of your website for 8 seconds - then ask them what the website is about
- Can a person with a Visual Impairment clearly read your navigation bar and content?
4.Get back to basics
Your website is your 24 hour shop window. Ask yourself:
- Who is it for?
- Who is your Dream Client?
- What do they love?
- What would they expect on your website?
- What tips or hints would they find truly useful?
- Can they easily find this on your website?
- Is it really simple to send you an enquiry?
- Take a look at the homepage of your website. Does it have a CUSP (Compelling Unique Selling Proposition) with one clear Call to Action?
5. Share the love
Use Social Bookmarking to allow visitors to your website to share articles with their contacts on Facebook, Twitter, Linkedin and Google+ (See the buttons at the top and at the foot of this article)
You should also regularly share links to articles on your website with your Social Netwoking contacts. Ask us how articles on your website can be automatically broadcast on your Facebook, Twitter and LinkedIn accounts.
6. Make sure Google loves your website
So you are proud of your website and you reckon it is a beautiful presentation to your Dream Clients but…
- Is your website found in Google? For the words your ideal customers would search with?
- Is it Search Engine Friendly (SEF)?
- Does your website have an SSL Certificate? Why is this important?
- If Google loves your website so could thousands of potential new dream clients! Click here to read How Do I Get My Website Found in Google?
7. Let Easykey love your website!
Would you like your website to be cared for by people passionate about websites? People who would love to give your website a fresh new engaging look? People who regularly suggest ways your website might create you more quality enquiries... from your dream customers? Why not ask us?
At Easykey we use fully managed dedicated servers in the UK to make sure your website and email is reliable and safe. And we are experts in getting Google to love your website with our various Search Engine Optimisation packages.