Twitter is a service for friends, family, and co–workers to communicate and stay connected through the exchange of quick, frequent answers to one simple question: What are you doing?
However like many fast growing trends on the Internet Twitter is being used for much more than that.
Some examples of how Twitter is being used are:
- Alerts and Breaking News Headlines
- Broadcasting Events
- Watching what are the most popular topics in the world
- Promoting Services and Products
- Finding like-minded people in your area
- Driving targeted traffic to your website
To put is simply Twitter is a broadcasting communication service you can choose to make public or keep private with your circle of contacts. Oh and by the way – it’s free.