It seems that the aggressive telesales tactics of a company called BT Customerstreet are upsetting many people.
Stressed customers have contacted us complaining of their sales techniques:
- High Pressure Sales - (will not give you time to think about it)
- Offering fanstastic website deals
- Get you onto the first page of Google
- Offering to register one or more domain names (before your competitor gets them)
- Taking immediate Credit/Debit Card Payment over the phone
- Using the names of BT and Google to win over your confidence
BT Customerstreet have bought directory websites including - SmileLocal, UFindUs and MoreUK. Although this company is possibly not doing anything illegal - the Office of Fair Trading and Nominet (the UK domain registry body) have received a flood of complaints about their sales tactics. We have even know seasoned sales and marketing people being taken in to part with their money!