Watch out for unsolicited emails that claim to get your website onto the first page of Google
Here is another example of the kind of email to beware of
Do you wish you could increase your online leads? Getting a GUARANTEED 1ST PAGE GOOGLE RANKING is easier and more cost-effective than you might think. We have helped a lot of businesses thrive in this market and we can help you! Simply hit reply and I’In order for us to respond to your request for information, please include your company’s website address (mandatory) and or phone number.
Company: SEO Company
Name: Harold Ellis
Here are some simple indicators to spot this kind of scam:
- The communication will normally come completely unsolicted via email or your website form
- The sender usually uses free non-professional email address (e.g. @gmail.com)
- They do not have their own website
- No telephone number (or not a UK number)
- No Company Name
There is no doubt that ensuring your website has every chance of being found by your target potential customers is critical for many businesses.
So how can you spot a reputable SEO company?
Effective optimisation is very skilled and can take some time to achieve. You need ensure you are not just throwing away money but crude or out of date techniques can actually damage your ranking or ultimately get your website banned!
Here are some indicators of a good SEO company:
- Can be found in Companies House (use the webcheck service on www.companieshouse.gov.uk)
- Provides you with companies for you to contact they have helped
- Their website can be found in Google (e.g. click here to search Google for get my website found in Google ) - Look for the easykey website on the first page out of 132,000,000 results!)
- Their email uses the same domain as their website (e.g. @easykey.net)
- They offer training or regular seminars
- They are highly recommended by others
If you haven't guessed it already Easykey offer genuine Search Engine Optimisation services