If you have an Xmail (or any Exchange) Email Account you can create your own Out of Office Automatic Reply
1. Open Outlook and click on File (top left)
2. Click on Automated Replies (Out of Office)
a window like this will pop up...
4. Click the Outside My Organization tab and select the option marked Send automatic replies
5. Now type your message into the box and click OK to Activate it.
Some Message Dos and Don'ts:
- Don’t advertise that you are on holiday as this could be an invitation to rob your house/office whilst you are away!
- Definitely do NOT include your home address
- Do include other people to contact if the enquiry is URGENT
- Include your Name, Website, and Phone number (so people know it’s you)
Some optional extras
Select Your Time Range
Tick the box near the top to Only send during this time range: Pick Start time and end time then click OK
Choosing My Contacts only
If you receive lots of SPAM it can be increased if you send an Out of Office response to Anyone outside my organization – as you are confirming to SPAM engines that your email address is active and they could pass on your email address to further SPAM lists.
One method to limit who receives the Out of Office message is to select the My Contacts Only option. This means that emails received will be checked against your Outlook Contacts and only matching email addresses will receive the Out of Office message. This option is not recommended if you have very few contacts or regularly receive genuine emails from new email addresses.
Why is Out of Office feature not available in my Outlook?
You must have an Xmail or an equivalent Exchange account for the Out of Office feature to work in Outlook.