Have you noticed the Blue or Grey Ticks on some Facebook Pages?
If you type Lego into the Facebook search bar you may see a suggested list similar to this...
Notice that some of the entries display a blue or grey tick after the name (I have indicated them with a red arrow). These 'badges' indicate to everyone that they have been verified by Facebook to be the authentic Page. So here is how to get your Page verified...
How Do I Verify my Facebook Page?
IMPORTANT: Before you start, ensure you are next to your official business telephone ready to take a call.
- Click Settings at the top of your Page
- Select General on the left and then Page Verification
- Click Verify this Page
- Then click Get Started
- Enter your listed phone number for your business, your country and language
- Click the Call Me Now button
- Facebook will call you with an automated verification code
- Listen carefully and enter the 4-digit verification code in the box you now see on Facebook
- Then click Continue
- You should see it confirm verification instantly and the grey tick will now appear against your Facebook Page name like this:
What's the difference between a Blue Tick and a Grey One?
Blue badge = Facebook confirms that this is the authentic Page or profile for this public figure, media company or brand.
Grey badge = Facebook confirms that this is an authentic Page for this business or organisation.