Some Email Providers block messages from senders whose email addresses are not in the your Address Book or on your Safe Senders List.
Folks usually welcome this as it can help you sort out many of your unwanted emails (otherwise known as SPAM)
We have provided instructions below on how to do this for the most commonly used Email programs.
To make sure you can see emails as they were intended to be seen (including images), add the email address to your address book and safe sender list.
To add a safe email address:
- Right click on the stripe below the subject line (says something like Click here to download pictures...)
- Select Add Sender to Safe Senders List (looks like this)
- Once signed in, click Options in the top right of your screen
- From the list click More options...
- Click Safe and blocked senders which is under the Junk email section
- Click on safe senders
- Type in the email you wish to add , and click Add to list
Google Mail (GMail)
- In your Gmail inbox, open the email
- Click on the arrow next to the reply button on the top right hand corner of the email
- From the drop down menu, click on add sender to contacts
- Open email from inbox
- Click on icon (green plus sign) next to email address
- Click Add to Address Book
- Hover your mouse cursor over the from address of the unopened email
- Click Add contact on the popup
- select Add contact